Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

At the Cleveland Clinic yesterday, while waiting to be seen by Dr. McKee, who would refill my baclofen pump, Nancy and I fell into conversation with a former Plain Dealer reporter who now lives in Mexico. She has MS, and a couple years ago she got a buyout from the PD and went to Cancun to "live the lazy life and blog." Well, if she can do it, so can I. I can certainly be lazy with the best of them, and Ashtabula is every bit as exotic as Cancun, or nearly so.

I am a little worried about this venture. The people who offer advice to would-be writers often suggest keeping a journal. I've tried that few times and never had much success. After a few weeks of feverish scribbling, I inevitably turned into a person I wanted to avoid. You know, the guy you don't ask "How are you?" for fear he'll tell you at great length. My hope is, flinging this stuff into cyberspace where anyone can read it will keep me from whining to excess. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Did I Put the Damn Thing

Russ called Sunday mornin g to ask if I needed anything from Publix. After I read off the few items on my list, he said when he got home he&...