Friday, October 7, 2011

Stumped on the Stump


It's in the dictionary: disambiguate.
It reminds me of Bush's misrememberate,
a word that always makes me hyperventilate
and sometimes even makes me discombobulate.
They're words for those who want to circumambulate
proven facts. Politicians overcompensate

with sesquipedalians to overcompensate
for ideas they'd rather not disambiguate.
They also tiptoe as they circumambulate,
or say, "Oh, I guess I must misremeberate.
That liberal press just makes me discombobulate
and more than once it's made me hyperventilate."

It is not abnormal to hyperventilate
when one's stumped and trying to overcompensate
while working so hard not to discombobulate,
worried that someone's going to disambiguate
his harangue. Then he'll claim to misrememberate,
or convolute the truth and circumambulate

it if he can. If he can't circumambulate
embarrassing stuff, he might hyperventilate,
which sometimes causes him to misrememberate
the lies he's spewed. So then he'll overcompensate
and slip in some truth that might disambiguate
the ambiguity and discombobulate

his campaign. And his hopes to discombobulate
the electorate and to circumambulate
the truth will be dashed. If folks disambiguate
his thoughts, all he can do is hyperventilate,
although, he doesn't want to overcompensate
and say he's been known to misrememberate.

The admission that he might misrememberate
could lead voters to think he'll discombobulate
under pressure. He'd rather overcompensate
by making up stuff that will circumambulate
the unpleasant, or make you hyperventilate
and just too distracted to disambiguate.

Politicians overcompensate, misrememberate.
If you disambiguate, they'll circumambulate,
Discombobulate and then hyperventilate.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Did I Put the Damn Thing

Russ called Sunday mornin g to ask if I needed anything from Publix. After I read off the few items on my list, he said when he got home he&...