Sunday, July 10, 2016

National Clerihew Day

Today, July 10, is National Clerihew Day. To get into the spirit of things, I have penned - more accurately, typed in - three new clerihews, The forth one is from several years ago.



Ah, poor Tom Harris,
Whom it would embarrass
To write clerihews
About Clara Hughes.


No wonder Mr. Donald Trump
Is really such a grousing grump.
People claim that he’s corrupt
Just because he’s so often gone bankrupt.


How did Hillary Clinton
Think that it was fittin’
To somehow contrive it
To get email via a server private.


When Tom Harris
Went to Paris,
He just said no
To escargot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Did I Put the Damn Thing

Russ called Sunday mornin g to ask if I needed anything from Publix. After I read off the few items on my list, he said when he got home he&...