Monday, December 16, 2013

Out on a Limerick



 Whale of a Tale
  
   If old Ahab had known of the sale,
   He could have bought himself a whale,
   But he grabbed his harpoon
   Then threw it too soon
   And the whale he failed to impale.
  
  
   Black Friday
  
   The ads for the Black Friday sale
   Filled my box with colorful mail.
   But on the big day
   Someone got in my way.
   I shoved her. They took me to jail.
  
  
  
   Gold Digger
  
   The cute chick for whom Fred did fall
   Could not stand him, no not at all.
   But Fred had money,
   So she called him “honey,”
   And let him take her to the ball.
  
  
   Eve of Destruction
  
   Poor, old Adam after the fall,
   Was sure Eve had way too much gall.
   She’d said, “Here, take a taste.”
   Which he did in haste.
   But he’d never liked apples at all.
  
  
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Did I Put the Damn Thing

Russ called Sunday mornin g to ask if I needed anything from Publix. After I read off the few items on my list, he said when he got home he&...