Saturday, June 9, 2012

Today. Or is it?


At dawn, I thought today was Saturday,
Then I thought, no it is some other day.
Perhaps I am thinking of yesterday
When the air was hot and the sky was gray.
No, wait, I think that was last week one day,
And yesterday was a big holiday.
Wasn’t it? No, I saw Doctor Fred May.
I know that appointment was for Wednesday –
Or did it get changed? I really can’t say.
Oh, my poor mind is in such disarray,
I’m never quite sure what day is today.
It could be Tuesday, or even Friday.
I’m realizing now, to my great dismay,
That yesterday will be tomorrow today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Did I Put the Damn Thing

Russ called Sunday mornin g to ask if I needed anything from Publix. After I read off the few items on my list, he said when he got home he&...