Sunday, April 3, 2016

Springing in to Spring

Spring came in with the rain, the almost constant rain that fell Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Under the gray, dripping sky, flowers sprouted, leaves appeared, and suddenly all was green. Even from the inside looking out, it was beautiful. And it was even more beautiful yesterday and today, when the sun shone brightly in a cloudless sky.

What glorious days they were. A gentle breeze and mild temperature. It was pleasantly cool in the shade, and pleasantly warm in the sun. There will not be many more days like this. In a few weeks, the heat and humidity will rise to the stifling level and remain there for six months.

Today was a day to enjoy, to be appreciated. And I did.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Did I Put the Damn Thing

Russ called Sunday mornin g to ask if I needed anything from Publix. After I read off the few items on my list, he said when he got home he&...